Rear end swap & Wheel speed sensor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tfrenzel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had to swap my rear end on the 07 LTZ.. The used rear I acquired was stripped of course so everything from the old went on.. Brakes etc. Well turns out it performs wonderfully BUT... I think maybe it was a drum brake rear because there is No place for the wheel speed sensors. You probably know the rest.. Every light on the dash is on. Also replaced the electric air shocks with coil over units. I did hook up the in line resistors but he'll I don't know if they did the job because ABS and everything is tossing lights with the sensors just dangling.

Is there an aftermarket kit or some sort of alternative way to use them? Do I just take it to someone that can program the computer somehow?

What do I do?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly no clue, but the there's tons of threads about axle. swaps here. what did the axle come out of that you used?

as I understand it, at least mine has the speed sensor ton ring inside the axle tube. it's not put on the backing plate or anything. if your new axle housing doesn't have a place for that, I have no idea how you'd add an aftermarket one somewhere.

I haven't heard of any way to turn abs off tuning wise.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt that donor axle was from drum brakes because those were from trucks and had leaf spring suspension.

You likely got an axle from an older SUV that didn't come with the rear independent wheel speed sensors.

I think your best bet is to simply find another axle that's correct for your application.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065