rear seat conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vandaman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 2dr 99 tahoe and im wondering if any know if you can replace the rear bench seat with two bucket seats? also if anyone has done this is there any modification necessary or will the buckets bolt right up and also is there a certain year model seats that will work. also if anyone has done this do you have any pics? thanks

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being that the mounting design of the 2 door rear seats is quite awkward, I wouldn't expect any other factory seats to be a bolt in affair.

My 2 door Blazer had no rear seats when I bought it. I don't NEED rear seats, but am looking into doing something custom like a Corbeau bench down the road but who knows. I think no matter what anything but stock will require custom mounts and an extremely low mounting depth.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres nothing factory that will bolt up in the rear of a 2-door. theres a black 2-door hoe on here (think he sold it) that had custom rear captains chairs in it. don't recall the name off hand though

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres nothing factory that will bolt up in the rear of a 2-door. theres a black 2-door hoe on here (think he sold it) that had custom rear captains chairs in it. don't recall the name off hand though

I think it was on ebay and linked here .... was s sweet setup.

val620

Reaction score
I have a picture of one in my albums that has what your looking for but I dont know what kind of seats they are

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score

His name was Hyde.. hes in the calendar, he was member for like a month posted all this pictures and crap then left and some how still got on the calendar.. :Boo:

If you are creative and you can weld, you can put ANYTHING you want in for your back seat.. Its all just about how well you can work with steel to make new brackets and seat belts.... If you want to take it a step higher to get that seat color matched, then go to an upholstery place...

Or if you find OEM seats and you want Katzkin, PM me and ill get you a fat hook up on that stuff............That goes for anyone on this forum, if you want seat covers PM me..

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats not the one i was thinking of. the other one was a supercharged on on black 23's. been a while back.

hydes were the 3rd row seats out of a NNBS.

frlncer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 2dr 99 tahoe and im wondering if any know if you can replace the rear bench seat with two bucket seats? also if anyone has done this is there any modification necessary or will the buckets bolt right up and also is there a certain year model seats that will work. also if anyone has done this do you have any pics? thanks

Hello I have done a 2012/2013 seat conversion for both the front and rear seats for my 99 2 door tahoe. I have attached photos for viewing what has been done. If you need a custom mounting brace PM me.

garage_attachment.php

Black1996

Reaction score
thats not the one i was thinking of. the other one was a supercharged on on black 23's. been a while back.

hydes were the 3rd row seats out of a NNBS.

I remember this one, it was in a dub magazine. I've basically done the same thing with my truck other than i have 24's, a stock interior and no supercharger so far, I've been wanting to do the 4 newer style bucket seats since I seen it. Looks like nomatter what combo I go with I'll loose the ability to fold down the back seats like the factory bench can. I'm planning to build a custom center console that runs from the dash all the way between the back seats and meet up with a custom sub box. All big ideas till I can get the money to back em up and also another vehicle to drive while it's torn apart. Also I'd like to install an iPad right off the dash in the center console instead of trying to do somethin crazy with the dash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CBrown