Removal of reflectro in 07 Tahoe Headlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Choppa Jon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum and I hope someone can help. I have an 07 Tahoe that I wanted to remove the reflector from the inside. I tried to bake them at 200 for about 25 minutes but they did not come apart. I did this on a Lexus GS 400 HID system and I did it two ways. One way was to cut out the lens and then epoxy it together and then silicone it. The opther way was the oven. I've seen a number of threads on here where people have done this to Yukons but I haven't seen it done on a Tahoe yet. Can anyone help?

Wes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 07 and up Tahoe lights are some of the hardest ever to open. If you go to my website you will see that I also do headlight halos for lots of different cars/trucks. There is a reason why we dont offer them for the newer Tahoes, lol. You do have to cut them open because sticking them in the oven wont do it. They will just melt. TO do what you want to do, you will have to cut the lens off.

dheadv8q

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy at lightwerkz who is doing my HID projector conversion agreed. So I bought a set of aftermarkets to use for the conversion, as they come apart a lot easier. At 150 a pair you can butcher them however you like!

DirtyDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have tried baking my Denali headlights and I can't get them to come apart either. I'm thinking of just using my dremel to cut them open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy