Replacement Aftermarket Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TurtleBeach

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not the seat covers, but the actual seats. Recently purchased a 2001 Yukon XL 1500 with leather seats. The seats appear in good condition but driving this truck absolutely cripples my back. We had a mazda cx-7 while owning this and while I hated that mazda, I could drive it for hours without issue.

The only other vehicle I drive is our RV, which is based on a Ford e350, and it kills my back too but since we don't take it out that often I just deal with it. The yukon however is my daily driver now so I have to do something about the stock seats. Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket seats?

OP
OP
T

TurtleBeach

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm going to take a chance and bump this one time in hopes that someone has aftermarket seats in their truck

OP
OP
T

TurtleBeach

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I've realized that the seat belts are integrated into the factory seats, making an aftermarket swap all that much more difficult. How hard would it be to add aftermarket belts? Sadly it seems more and more that I'm going to end up having to sell my truck if I can't get the seat issues worked out.

Doverpoint

Reaction score
I may be interested in buying the seats you are replacing. Let me know.

OP
OP
T

TurtleBeach

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I may be interested in buying the seats you are replacing. Let me know.

I've pretty much come to teh conclusion that it's just the way the stock seats are shaped so we're saving up and plan to sell the tahoe and buy something different (hopefully soon).

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard of too many folks that have complained that the front seats were so uncomfortable that it was killing their back compared to other rides! Have you looked into getting your seats updated with new padding and such? I love driving our denali due to how comfortable everything is especially on long drives!

Mister H12

Undercover Racecar
Reaction score
The Katzkin seat covers offer a Gel like padding. It's called LiquiCell, like those gel things for shoes. That may help, idk if you can buy them seperate or not, but just an option.

SteveCZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 on not hearing complaints. the seats in my tahoe are awesome. like sitting on a couch

OP
OP
T

TurtleBeach

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally sold the beast, bought a G35s to replace it, back is fine, so good riddance to bad seats!

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I find the entire thing very odd. The seats are extremely comfortable for 9 out of 10 people. Maybe you needed some SLT seats with lumbar and heat, but never have I heard of them being uncomfortable, from skinny folk to overweight people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035