replacement fog light options??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robertss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ive read a lot about the depot projectors and while looking at them on amazon this link popped up

http://www.amazon.com/Chevy-Replacement-Fog-Light-Assembly/dp/B004NSI868/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_p_z

my 2001 lt suburban had both fog lights knocked out when I bought it both wires are still there but want to ask what others have replaced them with so I don't just buy some random ****** ones:Nonono: or do the still make oem? thanx in advance

or should I just get the stock ones from lmc? but id like to upgrade if possible but just want plug and play....
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/ce/full.aspx?Page=100

Last edited:

RachelJWalker

Reaction score
Mine also need replaced on mine the lens is gone but the rest is there I want to know if there is a glass replacement over plastic lens. or am I thinking wrong ?

Jamo

Reaction score
I had the same thing going on, posted on another board & go no responses. I bit the cheapo route and bought a set off Ebay, paid $28 for the pair delivered, including brackets and bulbs. I put them on yesterday as we had decent temps in the 40's.

So...plastic housing & brackets, plastic lenses, and when installed, the brackets seem to be a bit flimsy. I plugged them in an they worked. I have not night tested them yet, and I have headlight issues I was about to ask about. For $28, I guess I'll keep them. Better than having a switch and wiring to nowhere. Installation was a piece of cake...10mm bolts were even in place for me...

OP
OP
R

Robertss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same thing going on, posted on another board & go no responses. I bit the cheapo route and bought a set off Ebay, paid $28 for the pair delivered, including brackets and bulbs. I put them on yesterday as we had decent temps in the 40's.

So...plastic housing & brackets, plastic lenses, and when installed, the brackets seem to be a bit flimsy. I plugged them in an they worked. I have not night tested them yet, and I have headlight issues I was about to ask about. For $28, I guess I'll keep them. Better than having a switch and wiring to nowhere. Installation was a piece of cake...10mm bolts were even in place for me...

can you post a link to the ebay ones you bought sir??? thanx!!!

Jamo

Reaction score
Robert,

I tried to copy/paste the link, but it doesn't always go as planned when dealing with computers. If not, the seller's name is rambowtech, auction # 271426383229. Headline is 99-02 Chevy Silverado/00-06 Suburban Tahoe clear fog lights driving lamps pair. Shows he has 10 sets left.

Good luck...

Jamo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271426383229?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Ha...tried the link and it worked!

OP
OP
R

Robertss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanx those im pretty sure were one option I was leaning towards glad you had a good experience with them I think I might go ahead and get these

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

went ahead and ordered them be here the first of next year

Jamo

Reaction score
Mine were here in two days...the guy is quick. As for having a good experience with them, that remains to be seen. They mounted easily and both lit up when I hit the switch. For the price, I'm pretty much hoping I didn't get what I paid for, if you get my drift...

DMAN14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did the TYC (or something like that) off amazon for about twenty bucks and it was a good fit and worked well.

southboundchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced mine a few months ago from keystone automotive which is a division of LKQ. Paid $20 each and included the bulbs and comparing between the oem ones that came off they appear identical

Jamo

Reaction score
As another update, mine (link above) are working well. I thought they might wobble a bit on the mounts, but I don't notice anything. I'm happy...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925