Replacing Stock Subwoofer with 10"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speedyhen

Reaction score
I have a '02 Stock Subwoofer (changed out the headunit for a Pioneer Premier) and now its time to change out the stock sub (since all the other speakers are aftermarket too).

- Will a 10" sub work?
- I know the location of the sub but how do I access it (anyone with any diagrams)?
- I want to install a small sub but have no idea where to place the sub?

Anyone with any insight or past experiences your input is welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks!

Nuuze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The stock sub/location is an 8". I replaced mine with a Kicker 8" shallow depth with seperate Kenwood amp.

To get to the sub you pop off the trims around the trunk opening and trmove third row if you have. The panel pops out carefully and you'll see it.

Also, if you don't already know, the four (actually 6 if you want to count the 2 on the rear pillars) facotory speaker and sub location are wired into a factory crossover located behind the glove box.

Hope this helps!

txsmainevent

"The Lurker"
Reaction score
The stock sub/location is an 8". I replaced mine with a Kicker 8" shallow depth with seperate Kenwood amp.

To get to the sub you pop off the trims around the trunk opening and trmove third row if you have. The panel pops out carefully and you'll see it.

Also, if you don't already know, the four (actually 6 if you want to count the 2 on the rear pillars) facotory speaker and sub location are wired into a factory crossover located behind the glove box.

Hope this helps!

How does that kicker sound? I got rid of my 2 15'' L7s. I dont really want anything loud anymore just want a good nice sound. I still have all kicker 6.5 but am thinking about going with a good component set. I want a sub but want it in the factory location.

Nuuze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It sounds good! It doesn't slam but a nice and clean sound with some thump.

The sub has a plastic ring around the frame so it won't drop into the factory enclosure without trimming the out edges of the plastic with pliers. But once trimmed it drops in.
Kicker_10CVT104.jpg

Here's my setup:

-KDC-BT648U Bluetooth head unit (using head unit crossover after bypassing factory crossover)
-KDC-P709PS Seperates for front door (direct repplacement with adapter cables from bestbuy)
-KDC-P709PS Coax for the rear door (direct repplacement with adapter cables from bestbuy)
-Kicker 10CVT84 8" single 4 ohm shallow-mount (removed outer ring)
-Kenwood KAC-1502S bridged for sub (under left passenger seat)

OP
OP
speedyhen

speedyhen

Reaction score
hmmmmmm.. seems a lil complicated and time consuming. i have a sony subwoofer (Sony Xplod XS-GTX100LW) and don't know if I should just install it for now without an amp or go through and buy an amp and do everything

Nuuze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Up to you.

I paid $75 for sub and $60 for amp in case you are wondering.

slowstang305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a kicker 8 in mine too. It didnt bump hard but it was definitely a lot better than a stock sub. I upgraded to 12's though.