Rough Country 2-3" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DSSpeck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've heard of people having problems with this lift kit. Is it still trouble prone, or have they corrected the issues?
I'd like to lift my '99 Yukon 2"+ but I'm not sure about doing it with a torsion crank and add-a-leaf. I'm concerned with adverse wear to the front end and loosing the factory ride. I'd like a kit that address these issues.

Any thoughts?

Shawn

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on who you talk to some will say good things and obviously some say bad it is probably 50/50 though. So it is your choice

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I am also thinking of this for my 2dr. I know its easier to install now but thats abot it. Maybe rouh contry can hop in and inform us?

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Isn't that kit like $600? A 4" or 6" kit is $1000.

They have made some changes but I still wouldn't buy it. Just crank the bars 1.5-2". I doubt the 3" kit is going to ride better.

The only kits that will still have the factory ride would be the 4" kit as it's a full drop kit without cranking the bars to get 6".

I would crank the bars and see how you like it, you can always uncrank them.

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't that kit like $600? A 4" or 6" kit is $1000.

yeah its only a 400$ difference but being a 99 it has autotrac which requires the 500$ front driveshaft. but i agree with you Dylan i doubt the 3" is gonna ride any better. if your looking for cheap crank your bar 1.5" and do a 2" body lift. i did 2" block in the rear and im surprisingly happy with it. i still need to crank the front about an inch but that will wait till i can do an alignment. now im not rock crawling or anything but the stance is nice. see sig for specs

Green monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted 2-3" kit as well for my 2000 Tahoe Z71 but after reading enough posts, I decided to crank the torsion bars and add a leaf in the rear. My truck is lifted approximately 2" and looks great with my 33's. I personally think the truck rides better with the crank.

OP
OP
D

DSSpeck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wanted 2-3" kit as well for my 2000 Tahoe Z71 but after reading enough posts, I decided to crank the torsion bars and add a leaf in the rear. My truck is lifted approximately 2" and looks great with my 33's. I personally think the truck rides better with the crank.

I was thinkining of doing the same. But now I'm paranoid after reading so much about what it does to your CV angles.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

How long have you had them cranked?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I wouldnt crank much. I have a 3in body lift and well miht get 2in blocks and crank front 2 in but thats it. I could then clear 35s maybe 36s or 37s with a lil trimming

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
to Clear some things up the Drive shaft only cost me about 250 bucks , On another note I would vote for a diff drop lift kit , Much better ride quality

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby

Latest posts