Rough idle and track stabilizer intermitted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tbone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
last week, my 07 (170K) Hoe started to idle really rough and I got the Stabilizer track light off came on and the check engine light as well. When I went to get the code checked it said cylinder 7 misfire. I changed out the spark plug pack and everything cleared. a few days later, I get the rough idling and the check engine again. This time, the code read misfire cylinder 1 and multiple miss fires. I took it into the deal and they said that I had two pistons that are leaking oil past the rings but they wouldn't tell which one and that I would need a whole new engine. So I found two spark plugs that looked the worse out of the 8 (1 and 4) and replaced them along with two spark plug wires and everything cleared but it is still idling rough. I love this car, but I can't see getting a whole new engine. am I missing something? :bawl:

cdellose

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
last week, my 07 (170K) Hoe started to idle really rough and I got the Stabilizer track light off came on and the check engine light as well. When I went to get the code checked it said cylinder 7 misfire. I changed out the spark plug pack and everything cleared. a few days later, I get the rough idling and the check engine again. This time, the code read misfire cylinder 1 and multiple miss fires. I took it into the deal and they said that I had two pistons that are leaking oil past the rings but they wouldn't tell which one and that I would need a whole new engine. So I found two spark plugs that looked the worse out of the 8 (1 and 4) and replaced them along with two spark plug wires and everything cleared but it is still idling rough. I love this car, but I can't see getting a whole new engine. am I missing something? :bawl:
Im in the same boat.. 2007 with 85K miles. I was told I need new cam/lifters and the dealer quoted that at $4300. Love this truck, hate this engine.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain fellas.
I'm having multiple misfires in all of my cylinders. Though, no codes. It has a chop in the idle and only at lockup I get a shudder under light throttle. If I drive more aggressive, nothing. Only at cruising speeds it happens and only when it locks up.
I spoke with the builder and owner of the converter I bought and he said its a misfire. Problem is, a misfire can be a number of things and I mean a number of things. Its crazy what can cause a misfire. Plugs, wires, coils, injectors, dirty MAF, engines compression, vacuum leaks, etc,,,,,,, the list goes on and on.

This has been said to me several times from other forum members.
Air, fuel, spark and compression.
Read this.
http://easyautodiagnostics.com/gm_misfire_4.8L_5.3L_6.0L/troubleshooting_misfire_codes_1.php