Seat Covers or Upholdstery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rdwigg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am interested in getting seat covers for my 1997 tahoe. Obviously the drivers side has been the worst one and I have temporarily repadded it and covered with some synthetic leather from the fabric store until I could purchase new covers. I am considering redoing all my seats or buying covers.

My question is what is the best most durable brand of covers? Or should I just put that 200-$250 towards a good upholdster job

The comfort of the seat is fine the way it is but i need to dress it up and the simple fix is a cover. Just wanting some ideas

2DR4EVR

Reaction score
I did the katskins.......pricey, but worth it. if your going to hold onto to your truck for a while I would recommend it. If your going to trade up in a couple years do covers.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '99 4 door has the typical leather wear. The wife and I prefer cloth because leather can get hot and sticky when wearing shorts. Has anyone used the Coverking cloth covers? I did both a site search and Google search and could only find 2 posts which is quite surprising!

sherfield2002

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you want something that's durable and easy to clean, go with Marathon or Sportsman covers.

templarklimek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just had mine done, take a look at my post. It's worth it to have them professionally redone if you plan on keep the uber truck.

Attachments

• 2013-08-10 18.02.43.jpg
    2013-08-10 18.02.43.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 35

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had mine done, take a look at my post. It's worth it to have them professionally redone if you plan on keep the uber truck.

Yeah, you had some great work done. I'm not in a position to put $2k into the interior though so I'm looking for a good cloth cover. I would like to get OEM covers but a) I can't find a part number anywhere, b) no one on Ebay sells OEM cloth covers and c) I don't want leather. I called a couple local upholstery shops and was told $2k and up for new cloth because of the amount of stitching involved.

That pretty much leaves me with the companies that do cloth covers. I hadn't heard of a couple companies that sherfield2002 mentioned so that gives me a few other options to consider.

Gjovik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went with the Coverking's on my last truck. Got them from autoupgradedirect.com for a decent price and there was a good selection. Fit was PERFECT and they held up great for the 2 years I had them. Mine were the "spacer mesh" covers, did the front row (9 separate pieces) of my Tundra for $119.

Good luck!

Attachments

• DSCF0057.jpg
    DSCF0057.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 43

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Coverking's on my last truck. Got them from autoupgradedirect.com for a decent price and there was a good selection. Fit was PERFECT and they held up great for the 2 years I had them. Mine were the "spacer mesh" covers, did the front row (9 separate pieces) of my Tundra for $119.

Good luck!

That looks good. Costco sells Coverking but they have a fabric called Veloci-vent. It looks like the spacer mesh, but of course Coverking doesn't have Veloci-vent on their site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365