Seeking honest mechanic in northeast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week I bought a high mileage 2015 Tahoe LTZ. I posted a build thread about it here. I want to take it to a shop and have them go through it top to bottom. I'm assuming we're going to have a good amount of work to do on it. The shop that I was going to take it to near me in Montclair, NJ has proven to be unreliable, so I want to find another shop. All of the other shops that I've contacted have told me that they are really backed up.

Can someone recommend a solid shop or mechanic that can work on my Tahoe? I'm willing to drive anywhere in the Northeast. I just need someone knowledgeable and reasonably priced who will follow through with what they say.

Thanks!

IMG_4817.jpeg

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week I bought a high mileage 2015 Tahoe LTZ. I posted a build thread about it here. I want to take it to a shop and have them go through it top to bottom. I'm assuming we're going to have a good amount of work to do on it. The shop that I was going to take it to near me in Montclair, NJ has proven to be unreliable, so I want to find another shop. All of the other shops that I've contacted have told me that they are really backed up.

Can someone recommend a solid shop or mechanic that can work on my Tahoe? I'm willing to drive anywhere in the Northeast. I just need someone knowledgeable and reasonably priced who will follow through with what they say.

Thanks!

View attachment 430926
Nice truck and welcome. Which shop in Montclair? I’ve used Gaynor Transmission in Montclair and found them reliable. They do everything, but they specialize in transmission work. Had them hook up the computer and give you me idea on transmission health and flip the pill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mytahoeat409

Latest posts