Serpentine Belt Problem. Please Help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Well, Im coming to you guys for help now because the A holes at my local auto stores refuse to come out and look at my truck themselves. Must be the whole, Im a teenager so no one help me out deal. Hate that sh**

Anyway, This morning i started my truck after it had been sitting in the gym parking lot, And i heard a...not squeal, but almost like when you get rocks in a skatenoard bearing or something to that effect. So i popped open the hood and the sound is def coming from the belt or wheel(s). It seems to be coming mostly from the wheel thats closest to the hood and the computer. Any ideas? I sprayed it to see if it went away and it actually did. And still seems to be fine right now.

Maybe the metal on my belt wore through? It sounds like metal to metal contact.

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is just a squeal, then you are probably looking at a new belt. Belts dry out and will make noise on you. If it is driver side, top, that is the A/C compressor. Turn your A/C on and see if you hear the noise. Then turn it off and see if it goes away.

Merhaps if you took a picture and circled the pulley you feel the sound is coming from?

OP
OP
"350Vortec"

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
This one here

Attachments

• IMG_7862 (768 x 512).jpg
    IMG_7862 (768 x 512).jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 90

Black_Rain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe that is the AC compressor. There should be a sticker or two in that tells you how to route the belt and what each component is.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove the belt and give everything a spin by hand. You should be able to tell what is not turning free. I have found, the rear bearing in the alternators to be the weakest link, on average. :)

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove the belt and give everything a spin by hand. You should be able to tell what is not turning free. I have found, the rear bearing in the alternators to be the weakest link, on average. :)

DALE! :party33:

Hows that wastegate situation/problem going?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx