Service Airbag light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be a number of things. my light is on as well.. just luck under ur dash and under ur front seats for starters at all the wires and connections. if u dont find anything take it and have the code scanned... more than likely u will have to take it to the dealer for the codes like $90 or somethin like that... best of luck to ya

and on a side note u might wanna throw ur specs out there like year, trim, model, mileage... those lil things are helpful to us

firebane

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
mine is on too.. but I know its because my wheel bearing on the driver side sounds like a rusty chain when driving hahaha.

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is on too.. but I know its because my wheel bearing on the driver side sounds like a rusty chain when driving hahaha.

a wheel bearing can throw an airbag light? hmm never knew that.. i thought it was just speed sensor and abs crap that got messed up with a wheel bearing

firebane

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
a wheel bearing can throw an airbag light? hmm never knew that.. i thought it was just speed sensor and abs crap that got messed up with a wheel bearing

4x4 truck has some sort of sensor running from that area.. so I assume its a abs sensor.

And I know my ABS does not work as well.

brassknucklemafia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is on as well, but thats due to a shattered front sensor. need to find a junk yard with late model parts that wont try to **** me royal on prices.

OP
OP
D

demon71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Went from a airbag question to a wheel sensor reply, thanks for no help

2007tahoeGuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My airbag light is on as well. I took it by Autozone and it's not throwing any codes. So I called my sealer's service department and they said it was probably a pretensioner gone bad. Still haven't fixed mine so I can say what it was for sure, but thought this might help you narrow it down.

Specs: 2007 Tahoe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus