Service Power Steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris1673

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have read all kinds of things about this message but thought I would give this forum a shot.

I bought a 2008 Tahoe Hybrid for my son - 143k miles and in really good shape overall. Every 5 trips or so, the Tahoe will stall from startup (such as a stop sign or stop light) when turning and accelerating, I lose power steering, and the vehicle stalls. I get a “Service Power Steering” message. I can put in park, restart and go on my way but obviously that’s a dangerous condition I don’t want to put my son in charge of navigating.

Originally was getting P061B and POAC4 codes and when I took it to the dealership, they claimed it needed the software updated and that would likely fix it. Side note, I don’t have a ton of confidence in this dealership. It did lower the frequency of this happening somewhat but this is still happening. It also does not throw any codes now or activate the CE light when this happens now. I have done simple things like cleaning the throttle body, but that’s really it so far.

Would love any other suggestions before I invest in something like a new power steering control module or other parts in an attempt to fix.

Thanks a bunch for any ideas.
Chris

Last edited:

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would post this in the hybrid section... You would probably have better luck...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trojjan