Service suspension system message comes on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McNagelstein

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently installed a 2 inch leveling kit, I also replaced the left upper control arm and the ride height sensor on that corner. The air compressor was noisy and ran quite often, so that was replaced. Just before I bought the truck, in April, the dealer installed new air shocks all the way around. I keep getting a service suspension system message and it limits the speed of the truck to 85 mph, that's too slow on some of the roads around here. Looking for any helpful suggestions.
Thanks

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the message come on after the leveling kit? No message after the dealer replaced the shocks and struts correct?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving clarifying questions from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Did your compressor stop running for long periods of time? (hopefully, with the new rear air shocks).

Make sure that the electrical connections on all 4 shocks are firmly connected.

Also, look on the top of the frame over both of the rear tires, and make sure that the electrical connector sitting there is fully connected. It is common when connecting the top of the shock bolt to inadvertently disconnect that electrical connector, thereby generating that code.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waterwoman224