Side Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tri94sbc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm searching for some side mirrors for my 94. Is there anything out there other than the OEM style ? I bought the replacements from LMC about 3 years ago and the mirrors vibrate so badly (especially the driver side) I get sea sick just looking at them as I'm driving down the road. I like the folding and power adjust features, but am not opposed to a manual adjust style either. I just want to be able to see what's going on behind me on the road.:shrug:

devnull

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm also searching for a set of mirrors for my 99 Yukon. I've had bad luck so far ordering from ebay (every time I buy a set of non-OEMs, the order gets cancelled because there's no stock availability). I've also read that non-GM mirrors do vibrate alot like you said. I guess at this point I'd be happy to find a set of power mirrors that don't vibrate, I'll forego all the other bells and whistles, for now.

Maybe someone can clue us in as to who makes mirrors that don't vibrate? Maybe Tyc or Dorman's products are ok? I'm tempted to buy a set from a brick-n-mortar outfit so I can take them back if they don't sit still like the original GMs.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

So I found one that we can exclude.. K-Source OE-Style Replacement Mirror
Part No. 62012G. The two reviews on AdvanceAutoParts.com say it shakes badly.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

It also seems that the Tyc and Dorman mirrors have bad reviews on Amazon for their shakiness. So does the ****, in fact all 3 reviews are negative on the shaking. Same thing with "Fit system". Looks like we're all out of "reputable" manufacturers.

OP
OP
tri94sbc

tri94sbc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found some on the Summit site, but they are very expensive. I'm not going to spend 200-300 bucks without knowing they are sturdy enough. They have OEM types too but again not sure of the sturdiness.

Last edited:

TheBlueBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you replace them? I have the shroud that needs replaced on my pssenger side, and I got one from the pick-n-pull. Just can't figure out how to do it.

OP
OP
tri94sbc

tri94sbc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what year yours is, but for mine, the inner panel had to come off to reach the three mounting nuts and the plug for the power adjust. It's a real tight area in there and you'll probably scrape your knuckles a little. lol

TheBlueBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 1996....and I have gorilla hads, so I might as well offer up ablood sacrifice to the Tahoe gods (aka GM engineers). Looks like I know what I'm up ot this weekend.

OP
OP
tri94sbc

tri94sbc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure how your panel is, but if you can pop the part of the panel out where the mirror is mounted, you should find access to the mounting nuts and plug wires for power adjust. Like I said, it's really tight in there.

OP
OP
tri94sbc

tri94sbc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it's gonna be trial and error. I like the ones offered at summit with the directional upgrade, but they don't fold and for $300 and up and not being sure if they won't vibrate gives me pause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925