Side Molding Removal Question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikeyk1337

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here and have already found some things i want to do.
The first thing I did was take off the side molding,I just did this yesterday and I have about all the glue off but there is a line I guess it is oxidization around where the edges were. what gets this off? It's a black 05 Yukon. Thanks

OP
OP
M

Mikeyk1337

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used a polish and buffer and it's not wanting to come off... the glue came off good but this goes all around the edges where the molding was.

Attachments

• yukon.jpg
    yukon.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 59

SHWELL

Reaction score
What did you use to buff it. I had to use my makita polisher and porter cable to finish it off. Doing it by hand was out of the question.

SdotX

Reaction score
i was thinking about removing this myself...i just cant figure out if i wanna get rid of the chrome or not, because im gonna paint it black. i'd hate to paint it then realize i want em off and have to repaint. I wanted to get blck wheels but ended up with chrome 24's so i may keep it to accent the wheels.

OP
OP
M

Mikeyk1337

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys! But I bought the eraser wheel and tried it, it takes the pin stripe off with ease but nothing to the oxidation, anyone know of anything that works well with this? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES