SiriusXM malfunctioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcircle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lately, my SiriusXM on my 2017 Tahoe has begun acting up. It acts ****** and starts switching stations randomly, changing the user panel from Home Apps to Radio, to XM Channels, and the controls on the touch screen don't work. Then, just as randomly. everything starts to work fine. This happens daily. Is there an upgrade or who/where would fix that?

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d be curious if you have it set to the regular radio if it does the same thing. It may not be an XM radio problem but an issue with erroneous inputs being detected on the touchscreen or through the remote buttons on the steering wheel.

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
It sounds like the physical touch screen is going bad. I had the same issue on my old Lexus GS. Search Google for Yukon touch screen with LCD digitizer and you should be good to go.

When it goes bad, there’s basically an annoying ghost driving with you pushing all types of random buttons. Lol

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ours is doing this too some. Might try pulling the radio fuse, clean the screen, then give it a coat of Pledge furniture polish. reinstall fuse. Follow up with a recalibration of the screen. Home screen, Settings, Display, Calibrate touch screen, then follow directions. But you'll probably have to replace the screen at some point. Many posts on this all over the net and you tube.

louu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just replaced my whole screen not just the digitizer and it's still doing it. 2016 tahoe LTZ

OP
OP
M

Madcircle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It sounds like the physical touch screen is going bad. I had the same issue on my old Lexus GS. Search Google for Yukon touch screen with LCD digitizer and you should be good to go.

When it goes bad, there’s basically an annoying ghost driving with you pushing all types of random buttons. Lol
This sonuds as close as possible to the problem. I rarely touch the screen except to change channels or to switch to Car Paly when driving long distances. Thanks for the tip.

louu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This sonuds as close as possible to the problem. I rarely touch the screen except to change channels or to switch to Car Paly when driving long distances. Thanks for the tip.
Let us know how you make out

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced my whole screen not just the digitizer and it's still doing it. 2016 tahoe LTZ
Where did you get your replacement? These things are all from China and I wonder if the stuff on Ebay/Amazon are factory rejects? Or maybe the shipping, warehousing, handling might be damaging the delicate membrane films?

louu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where did you get your replacement? These things are all from China and I wonder if the stuff on Ebay/Amazon are factory rejects? Or maybe the shipping, warehousing, handling might be damaging the delicate membrane films?
Amazon

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you might have received a bad screen, some say it could be the cable also but unlikely usually it's just a funky digitizer, i would say return it and try again, and be sure the housing the lcd sit's in is clean with no plastic burr's on the edges
and if you bought the cheapest one you could find, then ya sometimes those are factory 2nd's or previous returns some sellers are honest about it and some are not.

and for the record on the k2's or t2's there is no "software" glitch that's going to make the lcd screen do bizarre actions on it's own, it's not sirius/xm doing it
if it is "freezing" or giving software error messages that is different, with the exception of the lcd digitizer completely failing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369