Some of the Steering Wheel Controls Not Working - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And a Fun time is starting to be had...

Some of my steering wheel controls are working, but not all of them. This is on my new-to-me 2004 Escalade. From researching the forums, aside from the typical, GM ground issues, fuses, bad wires, etc., the only other items that can cause an issue like this is bad buttons or a bad/incorrect clock spring. Can you guys give me any advice on this topic? I may just breakout the parts cannon for the buttons, but I hate to do so because they look nice. Like almost new, nice.

Thanks!

OP
OP
S33k3r

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any recommendations for a replacement clockspring? Rocj auto has them, but they are $200ish, and none are AC Delco. I've found some on ebay, from well rated sellers (and some not so well rated sellers) for $50 - $75. Can anyone suggest anything else, please?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't seen any advertised or available. The clocksprings I've replaced have come out of uPull cars.

OP
OP
S33k3r

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any advertised or available. The clocksprings I've replaced have come out of uPull cars.
Thanks. I realized yesterday I have a spare one in an LT duramax, parts truck I have. My daughter is going to wait until the end of September to have me fix her controls -- that'll give her a payday so she can afford to register it.

For the Escalade, I replaced the buttons last night, and everything just worked. It was an awesome experience, let me tell you!

OP
OP
S33k3r

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a parts truck which is (was?) fully optioned. I'm going to recycle it's clock spring for my daughter, on her Suburban. Hopefully that resolves her steering wheel controls AND her airbag issue. We suspect the previous owner broke the existing clockspring by letting the steering wheel spin around too much. But thank you for providing that link!