Speedo/oil press. guage problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2004tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys,

i'm new and i just brought my truck home for the first time, the oil pressure guage is not accuarate at all...its past 80 psi at idle and the speedo stopped working for 45 mins on the way home...when i restarted the truck...the speedo came back and works fine now but the oil pressure guage doesnt....

is this a easy fix, can i swap in a different guage set from a 2500 same year to get a tranny temp guage also?

sending units suck to change dont they?

also....anyone know some good HID's for my 04

North49

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys,

i'm new and i just brought my truck home for the first time, the oil pressure guage is not accuarate at all...its past 80 psi at idle and the speedo stopped working for 45 mins on the way home...when i restarted the truck...the speedo came back and works fine now but the oil pressure guage doesnt....

is this a easy fix, can i swap in a different guage set from a 2500 same year to get a tranny temp guage also?

sending units suck to change dont they?

also....anyone know some good HID's for my 04

Hey Adam

I'm new also but know that these gauges are all kinda like glorified idiot lights. The computer tells it to display certain ranges. The actual needles are controlled by little stepper motors on each gauge. It is possible it could be the sending unit for the oil pressure. A scangauge would tell you the truth.

The stepper motors can be replaced if you can solder, after you remove the cluster. (They are available on Ebay for about $12 each IIRC)

USspeedo also sells replacement clusters if you have more money than time.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou