Squealing Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe's developed a squealing sound under the hood recently. I'm assuming it's the serpentine belt, but I really have no idea so I figured I'd ask the forum before I do anything. Anyone have any similar issues?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hows the belt look? mileage?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
most likely the serp belt and ac belt needs to be changed.

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hows the belt look? mileage?

As far as I can tell, the serpentine belt looks fine. It looks like there's another belt below the serpentine--I guess the AC belt, but I don't really know much about the belts. Since it's further down I didn't really get a good look at it, but I'll look more closely when I get a chance.

I bought the Tahoe last July with 68k miles and it's got about 78k now (though my driving habits have changed recently so I'm not putting miles on it at a much slower rate).

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, the serpentine belt looks fine. It looks like there's another belt below the serpentine--I guess the AC belt, but I don't really know much about the belts. Since it's further down I didn't really get a good look at it, but I'll look more closely when I get a chance.

I bought the Tahoe last July with 68k miles and it's got about 78k now (though my driving habits have changed recently so I'm not putting miles on it at a much slower rate).

Yea your at the mileage when i did mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065