Static sound when accelerating hard??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xanadu79

Reaction score
Not sure if this belongs in audio or engine but.....

I can only replicate the problem driving along @ 30 or so MPH and then floor it, it sounds like there is static coming out of the A Pillar tweeter (Bose).

Anyone heard of this or where I should start? I'm going to take it to the dealer (it's still under warranty) but I curious as to where the heck they are going to start.

Thanks,
Landon

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that just what it sounds like; or are you actually getting static, from the radio, through the A-pillar speaker?

OP
OP
X

xanadu79

Reaction score
I think it's actually static coming through the speaker on the a-pillar. It does it even if the radio is off.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm... Maybe it's an audio/electronics issue, like a ground or something isn't in the correct place. Sorry -- can't help with that.

luckymax

Reaction score
I noticed the same sound when I had my iPhone charger plugged in. It was a buzzing sound that corralated with the engine revolutions. The higher the RPM, the more noticable the sound was. It was a cheap charger. When I would unplug it, the sound would go away. Bought a brand name charger(griffin i think) and doesn't make the sound any more. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trojjan