Steering wheel swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ActSwedish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Would the 03-06 steering wheel bolt right on to a 00-02 tahoe and if so would the airbag work?

I dont like the steering wheel and getting a aftermarket one would disable the airbag, wich can be handy to have ;)

Regards

OP
OP
ActSwedish

ActSwedish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I´ve had my truck for a couple of days I really like the steeringwheel that came with it (It makes sense now ;) ) But if anyone in the future learns if they are interchangeable plz post it here would still be fun to know.

Best Regards/ TJ

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
if i remember right someone on here switched a denali steering wheel out for the woodgrain escalade one based on all the similarities with these trucks i think it wouldnt be much more than a remove and replace thing unless the wiring is completely different between the denali and yukons and tahoes i know the airbag and steering wheel design are different so you would have to get the right one to make sure the airbag says chevrolet instead of caddilac or something else. lemme know if you do end up tryin it could be cool:)

SSmurdered

i know u see me
Reaction score
i wouldnt mind doing something like this to get steering wheels radio controls. anyone ever swapped a non- radio controlling steering wheel for one with buttons and wired it up to aftermarket radio???

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
Hi!

Would the 03-06 steering wheel bolt right on to a 00-02 tahoe and if so would the airbag work?

I dont like the steering wheel and getting a aftermarket one would disable the airbag, wich can be handy to have ;)

Regards

I don't think it would work, but not 100% sure. I think in 03, they changed to the dual stage airbags. Not sure if this was available in 2002. But you'd have to check.

king 'kon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grant steering wheels released a new line of replacement wheels for gm trucks which retain airbags and audio control think they have it at summitracing.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greene9525