subwoofer removal????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djs-one

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all this is my 1st forum post..although ive been reading around here for a while..anyways I have a 2002 chevy tahoe lt wit all the options except a sunroof and it jus hit 100000 miles..i love my truck.....so heres my question..I cant figure out how to remove the rear subwoofer..im planning on building a custom subwoofer back there in that space but i cant get that panel off..I dont want to mess up the panel cuz I could sell it on ebay or somethin ya know..so how do you remove that panel????????? thankzz in advance!!!

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
I can't remember if there were screws or not.. I believe there were. Look everywhere on that panel for screws.. then once you're sure you got them all out (if any..) just pop it out. The clips that hold it in are grabbing the panel pretty good.... so you might have to muscle it out a bit.

It's been like 4 years since I took mine out.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

:welcome: to the forums btw.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(If I remember) The only screws there are is the 2 black screws that also hold the netting in. the rest of it pops out with a little bit of force...

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you do have to remove the plastic trim piece behind the door where the seat belt attaches to on the wall. that piece of plastic blocks 2 clips that snap in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fireball17