Sudden pinging/knocking help please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firechief70

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok i will start with what i drive...98 tahoe 4x4 4dr. 5.7 with 219365mi..
been starting a little hard when cold and when it startas it runs real rough for about a min. then evens right out...been gettin worse and worse for last month...then on my way to work sun. out of the blue at about 40mph it started running feal rough and started knocking/pinging on right upper bank of the engine....iol pressure still at 65lbs , not over heating and only dose it under load...put the truck in park and rev it up and cant hear it until i get to about 2000-2500rpms.....ok thats that...now i will tell you a little more about what has been done .....i changed the fuel pump on christmas day only because it just failed, was running rough before that went bad...also about every month to month in a half a have to change #4 and #6 spark plugs i get the missfire code for those cylinders...just those two.....so there you have it....i have done nothing to it since it started this on sun. so i am begging for some where to start on wed. morning...any help would be great!!!!!

OP
OP
F

Firechief70

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
update!!!!!

did a full compression check on all cyl. #1 #2 #3 #5 #7 #8 all 175 or a little above....cyl. #4 just 20 but bleeds right down and #6 big fat 0 psi.....guessing this is not good at all?

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

would a blown head gasket make it ping or knock?....before i get into head job!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbow555