Suspension/lift overhaul help for 2WD Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kemo sabe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New member. Hope all are good in your camp. Looking for advice on overhauling my 2WD 2003 GMC Yukon XL 1500, 330K, with new motor and transmission. Suspension is original, except shocks and this is my everything truck, including delivery vehicle. I want to totally rebuild the suspension, but have been holding off to find the combination of a 2" - 3" lift and all new suspension parts. I love chinese food, but I try and stay away from anything else made in china.

I'm looking for anyone who has done this and can either warn or recommend a suspension+mild lift package or combination of the two please. Will make tire selection and size after we set this truck up on a sturdy, tight base.
This is a daily delivery driver, that occasionally gets to go hunting, camping, off the pavement. We have other vehicles for 4WD, so not interested in making an offroader, just a better stance and I have seen 2WD Yukons around, with a little lift, that I want to accomplish.

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

IMG_20240831_123731.jpgIMG_20240831_123722.jpg

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
New member. Hope all are good in your camp. Looking for advice on overhauling my 2WD 2003 GMC Yukon XL 1500, 330K, with new motor and transmission. Suspension is original, except shocks and this is my everything truck, including delivery vehicle. I want to totally rebuild the suspension, but have been holding off to find the combination of a 2" - 3" lift and all new suspension parts. I love chinese food, but I try and stay away from anything else made in china.

I'm looking for anyone who has done this and can either warn or recommend a suspension+mild lift package or combination of the two please. Will make tire selection and size after we set this truck up on a sturdy, tight base.
This is a daily delivery driver, that occasionally gets to go hunting, camping, off the pavement. We have other vehicles for 4WD, so not interested in making an offroader, just a better stance and I have seen 2WD Yukons around, with a little lift, that I want to accomplish.

View attachment 436661View attachment 436662
You got torsion keys on that thing? Usually lift keys make for a rough ride but beings it’s 2wd you could easily get some lift spindles and that’ll help keep a decent upper control arm angle we did a combination lift on my buddy’s old 2wd cateye which included a FULL KRYPTONITE front end package with 3” lift keys cranked all the way down with I believe 3-4” spindles up front and some cognito upper control arms and she sat pretty damn tall but still had awesome angles and ride quality he did the bilstein 5100 shocks front and back which are the best bang for the buck shock for these model trucks
Here’s some pics
IMG_5293.jpegIMG_5291.jpeg
IMG_5289.jpeg
IMG_4920.jpeg
This last pic is the only pic I had of it before the lift IMG_5124.jpegI swear by kryptonite suspension parts their some of the best and beefiest suspension parts me and my buddy’s have ever ran zoom in on those death grip tie rods we put on the truck their monsters!
I believe she was around 4-5” of lift lower control arm angles were not bad at all surprisingly and tires were 20x12 moto metals on 285 nittos

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
kemo sabe

kemo sabe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You got torsion keys on that thing? Usually lift keys make for a rough ride but beings it’s 2wd you could easily get some lift spindles and that’ll help keep a decent upper control arm angle we did a combination lift on my buddy’s old 2wd cateye which included a FULL KRYPTONITE front end package with 3” lift keys cranked all the way down with I believe 3-4” spindles up front and some cognito upper control arms and she sat pretty damn tall but still had awesome angles and ride quality he did the bilstein 5100 shocks front and back which are the best bang for the buck shock for these model trucks
Here’s some pics
View attachment 436663View attachment 436664
View attachment 436665
View attachment 436666
This last pic is the only pic I had of it before the lift View attachment 436667I swear by kryptonite suspension parts their some of the best and beefiest suspension parts me and my buddy’s have ever ran zoom in on those death grip tie rods we put on the truck their monsters!
I believe she was around 4-5” of lift lower control arm angles were not bad at all surprisingly and tires were 20x12 moto metals on 285 nittos
Thank you sir. This is the kind of help I am looking for. Have a great week !

Edelarosa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

View attachment 436661View attachment 436662
Lower it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24