TAHOE emblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
I bought 2 door emblems brand new never been removed from packaging.

2526789_21_full.jpg

Should I put them on my truck? My thought was since I'm going for the black/red accesories look, I could paint the emblems shiny black and red. How would I do this? What kind of paint should I use, sanding techniques?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you paint them, use wet or dry sandpaper, really fine. Paint them, and use a clear to cover them in multiple layers.

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Do you think it would look good in a shiny black? On my truck. Forget the two tone black and red, I don't wanna go that far.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
id keep them in that plastic sleeve if you could for a accurate measurement.

But sand with like 600 wet then basecoat (3 coats) then just apply clear over that, dont wet sand after that bcuz theres too many edges(sandthru) and im sure anyone who looks that close to those letters is a Ra **** to see orange peel or dirt..

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Yeah how the **** am I gonna wet sand them without removing the adhesive... This sucks...

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
use wet/dry sandpaper, really light, you don't need to actually use wet (water) to sand them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andraliahlee