The trim inside cannot be real wood!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read and heard in a couple reviews that all of the trim material, aluminum and wood, in the new trucks are genuine real materials. I went to the dealer yesterday and test drove a Yukon SLT. While the aluminum trim maybe real, there is absolutely no way that the wood trim is real!!! What gives!??!! It looks like it was made on a crappy dotmatrix color printer. Am I crazy or is GM just telling a boldface lie.

ol1970

Reaction score
Technically you are both correct. The Denali if you read the fine print is the only vehicle that has real wood in it...the others are all fake, SLT & LTZtrim levels do not even get it. This is one area where the really missed the boat in my opinion...hell I was in a $40,000 Audi Q5 the other day as a loaner that has awesome real open cell wood trim...not he fake crap they are giving you in a $70,000 vehicle. My guess is that the fix that...every time I get into a GMT900 and see that fake wood around the interface I cringe...so cheap looking its sad....interiors is sort of my business so I pay attention to this stuff.

OP
OP
Jproy

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Technically you are both correct. The Denali if you read the fine print is the only vehicle that has real wood in it...the others are all fake, SLT & LTZtrim levels do not even get it. This is one area where the really missed the boat in my opinion...hell I was in a $40,000 Audi Q5 the other day as a loaner that has awesome real open cell wood trim...not he fake crap they are giving you in a $70,000 vehicle. My guess is that the fix that...every time I get into a GMT900 and see that fake wood around the interface I cringe...so cheap looking its sad....interiors is sort of my business so I pay attention to this stuff.

Thanks! Guess I missed the fine print. I already paid for my Denali for tax purposes but have not placed my order. Glad to hear I will in fact be getting real wood!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065