thinking about suede haedliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im thinking about doing my headliner in suede i think it will look good does any one have any pics if how they did it. i have the rear ac/heat and it a lil affraid about all the curvs if i will be able to take on this task and let the suede lay on evean

Bromaguire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im thinking about doing my headliner in suede i think it will look good does any one have any pics if how they did it. i have the rear ac/heat and it a lil affraid about all the curvs if i will be able to take on this task and let the suede lay on evean

I had pretty much every piece of plastic interior panels covered in suede. It came out perfect.

Heres mine

DSC00974.gif
DSC00975.gif
DSC00969.gif

SSmurdered

i know u see me
Reaction score
i just did a suede headliner in a 2007 tahoe. the dips and curves were severe but heres a tip for ya.... when you get the suede take the backing off of it (this will allow the material to stretch alot more and then you can get it in all the cervices) also dont spray your glue to wet cuz itll soak thru with the backing removed. ill try to upload this pic for ya.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

1259953647.jpg

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's mine I did about 2yrs ago, it was my first time and it took me about a day and a half because I didn't have a garage at the time. It really wasn't that hard with the curves and like SSmurdered said don't spray it on too wet or it will soak thru.
23099350059_large.jpg

Ignore the tan visor, I took this pic before it was all finished.
23099350054_large.jpg

OP
OP
mikeyboy

mikeyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damb i want to do it i was thinking the crushed suede will loook cool and will hide the mess ups i do

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the 3M adhesive spray in a can. I forgot the exact name of it but I think it said 90 something on the can. I was scared after I did it because I thought with the temperatures changing in the summer/winter it would come off and start sagging or something but like I said that was 2yrs ago and I haven't had a problem.
BTW, I just put the suede on over the tan headliner that was already on there with no issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greene9525