Third Row Seat Compatability Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V-Code Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2006 Tahoe came without the third row seat. It has the mounting points on the floor, and since plenty of people seem to be selling their lightly used seats for cheap I figured I'd pick some up. I was watching some youtube videos to make sure I understood how to mount them, and noticed they came in different configurations. Below is a picture of the floor of my truck, as well as some seats I was considering buying. They are a 30 min drive from me, so I was hoping to figure out whether they would fit or not before making the trip.

Does anyone know if these seats would fit in my Tahoe? If not, what should I be looking for?

Thanks!

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 4
  • seats.jpg
    seats.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 3

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they from the same generation? I don’t think any of that changed during that run but you can ask the seller to measure the seat mounts in his rig and compare them to yours. Otherwise a 30 minute trip that saves you a lot of cash isn’t that bad if you try them in your rig and they don’t fit.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Are they from the same generation? I don’t think any of that changed during that run but you can ask the seller to measure the seat mounts in his rig and compare them to yours. Otherwise a 30 minute trip that saves you a lot of cash isn’t that bad if you try them in your rig and they don’t fit.
They're definitely from the same generation, I'm just wondering if the Suburban 3rd row will fit in a short body. Those appear to be from an XL.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good call. I would think they keep them the same to reduce production costs but you never know.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those look like they're from a short body (sorry @Tonyrodz) due to the nearness of the rear pillar in the pic. A Suburban would have more room behind the seats.

Can/would the seller tell you what year and model the seats come from? They look to me like they'd fit, but I'm not sure if the 2000-2002 would fit your '06.

EDIT: this might help, or not:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24