Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gerardojr83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got the OEM wheels powder coated. Kind of hard to tell from these views. I’m looking for suggestions on some AT tires that would give my Yukon a better look. Something wider maybe 285 or 295. Not sure how much wider I can go and also I don’t want a thinner sidewall. Just don’t want them to rub and have to do any mods.
IMG_5476.jpegIMG_5475.jpeg

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go! Lots of details on the BFG AT KO2’s I mounted.I went 285/60R20 up from the OEM Goodyear Territory 275/60R20.

I did use the Westcott Designs fender liner pull back bracket to ensure no rubbing. The only draw-back besides a few MPG hit is the ride is a lot stiffer than the OEM tires since the BFG’s are LT tires. If I had to do it all over again, I would. LOVE the way it makes my AT4 look and the performance is outstanding!

BacDoc

Reaction score
Wheels look sano! Those AT tires look great too, not sure how much the look would change unless you get something super aggressive but maybe noise and mpg would suffer.

I know your goal is asthetics but look into info on tire performance and size. There are some good YouTube videos comparing tire specs and if you’re going off road it’s even more dramatic.

There is an Asian engineer who is off road enthusiast and he does some interesting testing on different sizes/contact patch/resistance etc
Any way the bottom line is wider looks so much better but even for extreme off road driving the narrower “pizza cutter” tires perform better in all situations. Plus the wider tires are always more $$$. One of those counter intuitive things that surprised the tester.

Your truck looks great with those wheels and tires so you might save some money and performance by sticking with a standard width.

All that said, wider tires do look better lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denali_Dude