TMPS on a PPV without a keyfob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZ14PPV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to start by saying that I have searched and searched the form and Google for an answer but haven't been able to put one together.

I am a new owner of a 2014 PPV Tahoe. All that it came with when we got it was a key to unlock the door and a key that unlocks the door and will start it. I scored a great deal on a Viper alarm and had that installed. We finally updated the tires and rims on it and Discount said they tried to reset the TMPS but didn't have any luck doing the relearn.

What are my options?

I know the PPV is different than other models and I am still learning what it will or wont do.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Read the book, it may be in there I have 2011 ssv Tahoe same deal. I installed the dic buttons on the dash now you have a menu to scroll thru. I haven't tried to relearn the tpmss but I can monitor the tire pressure. dic buttons on eBay was like 20 dollars. the wiring is already there.

OP
OP
A

AZ14PPV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
do you have the key fob? I went ahead and ordered one because I don't see being able to reset the TPMS without one. plus it would be nice to have it as a back up and it was cheaper than a spare one from Viper.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Yes I have the key fob, I also added remote start, a dic and leather steering wheel w/radio controls you can fancy up an old ppv/ssv without breaking the bank. you can get replacement key fobs on ebay or amazon cheap.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Another option is to use a scan tool that can read tpms. You can initialize the procedure and do the air up down and it should work