Today I learned....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
....that GM service wll spend more time looking for a reason not to fix something, rather than just fix it.
Long story, but basically I took my Tahoe to the dealer to have some warranty issues addressed (on Monday) even though my factory warranty is out, but I have GMPP Major Guard extended warranty.
You would think with that coverage you are good to go, thats a joke! :mad:
Got it back today and they literally did not do anything.
Went there for;
1. rattles in the door.
2. a divers interiror door handle that is sharp and cut me once.
3. rattle in the drivers side d-pillar cap.
4. get the amd front power window regulators greased because they sound like brakes with no pad left when it gets cold out.

The response was squeaks and rattles are nto covered under GMPP, and the interior door handles is a kown GM issue and will be replaced. They did not replace the handle in the end, speakers rattle just like before, pulled my rear power window switches off and left them on the floor of the rear seats, said the window regulator (though it has a TSB on the issue and has been serviced for the EXACT same issue before) cannot be covered and I should wait for it to fail then it will be, and last but not least, the d-pillar cap.:shocked:

I swear some of those service techs are some idiots.
These guys replaced my drivers side cap last year because it rattled due to a broken tab. Well after a month of it supposedly being ordered, it was due for pickup and they installed it. Come Christmas I noticed at highway speeds their is type of clanking sound from the rear. Well after I left them today I discovered the damn cap they replaced does not sit flush with the quarter window, and even rubs on the lift glass. These guys could have noticed that if they even looked, but nope lets just give him the "its not covered" excuse and hold it for five days. And people wonder why others buy foreign, of all the Toyota we own (including every SUV they have ever made, but the FJ) NONE of them have seen the dealer like my Tahoe that I have only put 18000 miles on in 3 years!!:supergay:

Last edited:

rxis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same same. You have to find a decent service rep to get help. I hate it. We went to the dealer for all our service because my wife wanted to. She is willing to pay for a few dealership comforts I guess. Due to their crappy service we left. I never regularly went to dealer for service myself except when we had Lexus vehicles. The dealer service treated us very well and THEY put their foot forward to make sure we had a dedicated rep. We were often provided with a Lexus rental for most servicing.

Today I called two of the dealers I went to for some service records. What the hell is so difficult about pulling up my records? It seems it got worse when GM went bankrupt.

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Same same. You have to find a decent service rep to get help. I hate it. We went to the dealer for all our service because my wife wanted to. She is willing to pay for a few dealership comforts I guess. Due to their crappy service we left. I never regularly went to dealer for service myself except when we had Lexus vehicles. The dealer service treated us very well and THEY put their foot forward to make sure we had a dedicated rep. We were often provided with a Lexus rental for most servicing.

Today I called two of the dealers I went to for some service records. What the hell is so difficult about pulling up my records? It seems it got worse when GM went bankrupt.

Atleast I know someone understands haha. I called them back a few ago and he said they would handle it on Monday. The issue here is they could have just done that the first time, it should not take me getting mad to clear things.

jcrack_corn

Reaction score
honestly, if i was a service manager at a dealership i would be pissed someone brought a car in for rattles, lol.

what a waste of their time (and yeah, they probably wouldnt be reimbursed by GMPP)....

rxis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The rattle in the door is prob thought to be significant considering the problems from the same door.

My big one was wheel bearing. Finally figured it out when I went to another dealer. It got so bad that it couldn't be ignored. The GM guy was like what was so hard to figure out. This is pretty simple. I wonder if it had anything to do with warranty. I started bringing it in at 45k and it got resolved when I had about 52k miles.

The noise I had coming from my door was from the door interior being broken when it was worked on. It was a bit of a rattle.

Modded, I've found that throwing a fit is more often necessary in many things to get things done. If you can throw a fit productively, it is a valuable skill to have. Its just a part of life.

so..sleepy....why am i on this computer :emotions122:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I can throw a fit rather productively, but I tend to over do it. Don't want to look crazy haha.
Jcrack the issue with the rattle in my door is due to a blown speaker. I know this because that speaker has been replaced before and when it was blown it sounded just like that.
I honestly don't know why I'm on the computer either, its been a LONG night.
I will post about it in the off topic section.

dragar35a

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's why they call them stealships! I always have issues getting warranty work done the first time, it takes attitude and persistence to get them fixed.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What dealership? Try Huffines in Plano... I bought mine from them before it got T-***** and destroyed and they had great service

rxis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have my wife do the productive fit throwing. I just blow up and then people start to think maybe they should use a different tone with me. The older I get, the more I turn into my dad. The guy who can blow up all of a sudden and leaves everyone wondering what went wrong.

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
What dealership? Try Huffines in Plano... I bought mine from them before it got T-***** and destroyed and they had great service
Hmm, maybe I will revert back to Huffines in Lewisville (where my Tahoe was bought). I have been going to James Wood Autopark in Denton since I got it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Extrememri1

Latest posts