trans question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tcaudell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 03 Tahoe z71 4x4 with 255k on the tranny the sun shell bit the dust my question is
Are all 00-06 4l60e transmission 4x4 capable with my Tahoe I've searched every where and can't find a straight answer sorry if this question has been asked before

Dberdusco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why don't you just build the original unit.... If all it needs is a shell just have them put a sonnax smart shell.. And a rebuild kit with bushings.. A shift kit... And you will be good.... I should know I do this for a living....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
As long as they have the 4wd output shaft they should fit. If you do rebuild it, then definitely upgrade the sunshell. There is one labeled "The Beast" which is twice as thick as the OEM one.

Dberdusco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Or use one called a sonnax smart shell it is much more reinforced plus uses bearings instead of thrust washers.... If you would like pictures I would be happy to provide some

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2