transmission pan drain plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rumplemenz

Reaction score
Making a drain plug on a transmission pan that's impossible to remove is less convenient than not having a drain plug at all.

Driving myself nuts here... just need to vent... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GM welded it on..... it's gotta just be a joke...

Anyway, I am going to give it one last shot just to annoy myself even more lol

Doesn't really need to be removed since I already had the tranny serviced a few months ago but I just wanted to drain it and add what came out to increase the refill % if ya catch my drift

I did some research and apparently majority have this issue

Vinniety

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHAH i gave up and took the entire pan down. Stupid nut was a waste!!!!

Making a drain plug on a transmission pan that's impossible to remove is less convenient than not having a drain plug at all.

Driving myself nuts here... just need to vent... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GM welded it on..... it's gotta just be a joke...

Anyway, I am going to give it one last shot just to annoy myself even more lol

Doesn't really need to be removed since I already had the tranny serviced a few months ago but I just wanted to drain it and add what came out to increase the refill % if ya catch my drift

I did some research and apparently majority have this issue

OP
OP
Rumplemenz

Rumplemenz

Reaction score
its one of the times you appreciate the world wide freakin web... :) Years ago i'd be missing a finger right now, be down a quart of blood and be getting the attentions of my neighbors with my driveway rage'n rants...

You would think GM would have a bulletin on this issue... seriously

I still don't trust myself right now to end my attempt of removal... im itching to give it another try with my list of 4 tactics i just found on the internet..

someone talk me out of this please :)

Vinniety

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your tactics don't include explosives, big sledge hammers or a high power blow torch then what the hell give them a try.
You might want to apologize to your neighbors ahead of time so they are prepared to hear your mouth!! HAHAH

its one of the times you appreciate the world wide freakin web... :) Years ago i'd be missing a finger right now, be down a quart of blood and be getting the attentions of my neighbors with my driveway rage'n rants...

You would think GM would have a bulletin on this issue... seriously

I still don't trust myself right now to end my attempt of removal... im itching to give it another try with my list of 4 tactics i just found on the internet..

someone talk me out of this please :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1