Transmission rebuild issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Magallon0820

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So 135k transmission was shot, had a dull rebuild done, cost 4k and guy said he put a new billet TC had like 4 or 5 other chevys in the shop so I was pretty confident, picked up the truck and he told me it would take a fea hundred miles for the transmission to adjust, makes sense kinda like a breakin procedure. Now been about 300 miles but I feel like I am still getting that shutter during 1st and 2nd gear. Or perhaps it's my mind messing with me. Transmission temp hasn't need above 165, fluid nice and red doesn't smell burnt, at WO throttle it feels fine it's just at take off. Is it normal.TC locking? I installed the AFM (cheap amazon one) and feels similar I will say other than 1st and 2nd without The range disabler I can hardly feel it going from v4 to v8..what are your thoughts. Am I being paranoid

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So 135k transmission was shot, had a dull rebuild done, cost 4k and guy said he put a new billet TC had like 4 or 5 other chevys in the shop so I was pretty confident, picked up the truck and he told me it would take a fea hundred miles for the transmission to adjust, makes sense kinda like a breakin procedure. Now been about 300 miles but I feel like I am still getting that shutter during 1st and 2nd gear. Or perhaps it's my mind messing with me. Transmission temp hasn't need above 165, fluid nice and red doesn't smell burnt, at WO throttle it feels fine it's just at take off. Is it normal.TC locking? I installed the AFM (cheap amazon one) and feels similar I will say other than 1st and 2nd without The range disabler I can hardly feel it going from v4 to v8..what are your thoughts. Am I being paranoid
could be the clutches they used, it's not unusual for the 1-2 shift to be hard after a rebuild, but shouldn't be crazy
a relearn should be done after 50 miles
maybe take it back and have them test drive it, express your concerns
and a tune by @BlackBearPerf will help especially on the k2's

OP
OP
M

Magallon0820

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea I was going to.swing by tomorrow he does these alot.and himself drives a Silverado and a Denali so I trust him. Least I hope I can

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Mine felt funny after the new trans and billet converter until I got it custom tuned by my buddy and wow now it’s just perfect shifts so freaking fast and smooth it’s unreal I love it! At WOT it does shift kinda hard not bad but we set the limiter shift to 6k or so I would imagine that’s why lol

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Fless @Miami-Dade can we merge this thread with the OP's other thread:

This way, everyone's replies can be seen in one place about the same topic/problem which is his transmission....I responded to his other thread with my thoughts..

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@Fless @Miami-Dade can we merge this thread with the OP's other thread:

This way, everyone's replies can be seen in one place about the same topic/problem which is his transmission....I responded to his other thread with my thoughts..

I don't think I have that kind of access, it seems to be above my pay grade. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1