Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El Capitan

Senior Texas Member
Reaction score
Well guys Ive blown up my transmission for the third time since June of 2009 and the Jasper Transmission warranty will not cover it do to "driver abuse" and I cant afford the new transmission costs so my dad is going to cover the cost and loan me his 04 volkswagen passat until I can afford a new vehicle so this will probably be my last post....

Take it easy yall

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey man you can get a used tranny for 600 bucks...install it yourself

B

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lmao!!!! 3 times...no sympathy here!!!.....more like stupidity on your part.

OP
OP
El Capitan

El Capitan

Senior Texas Member
Reaction score
New hope... Race Instructor at LCT said he might have a 4L60E at his shop and hell give it to me for a $100 and for another unquoted service hell make it pretty stout. Depending on if he does have a 4L60E and the price to service it, it may be ok.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Im not quite sure why, but i drove it hard with the factory transmission for about a year when i knew it was about to go out and it then it blew, then in june of 09 had it replaced by Jasper, lost 3rd gear 6 months later and just 2 days ago i lost third gear again. so i hope this my Instructor comes through on this transmission. its kinda weird without my hoe, ive been driving a friends 98 acura integra with a B18, its quite a dramatic change...lol

Last edited:

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a good idea why.

You never flushed the lines and cooler out before installing the new trans... that put a bunch of trash into the new trans.

Alternately Jasper trans suck, you drive it too hard (psuedo manual), not enough cooling, or a combo of 3-4 of the above.

OP
OP
El Capitan

El Capitan

Senior Texas Member
Reaction score
I have a good idea why.

You never flushed the lines and cooler out before installing the new trans... that put a bunch of trash into the new trans.

Alternately Jasper trans suck, you drive it too hard (psuedo manual), not enough cooling, or a combo of 3-4 of the above.

I know I didnt flush it for a fact and I dont know if they did either which they probably didnt, now how do I go about doing that? I have about zero knowledge about transmissions. Who do you recomend for transmissions in dfw?

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DFW is about as far away from me a Phoenix, so I have no idea on who.

To flush the lines use more ATF and air to purge them. Everytime one grenades the lines and cooler get full of metal shavings too.

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
Hey man, there is a tranny place here in Forney called Woods transmission. Nice good people. I know its a hike from Grapevine but thats the only place I know that does good dependable work.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lmao!!!! 3 times...no sympathy here!!!.....more like stupidity on your part.

Hello again Mac, consider this a warning for your demeaning comments to members over the last few weeks.

You seem to have some good technical info. If you can simply use it to help guys instead of put them down, that would be better.

B O S S

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts