Upgrading to Digital Climate Control?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robowens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if there's any way to upgrade from the two slider-style lever air conditioning control to the digital computerized system? It's for an '03 Tahoe.

Thanks,
Rob

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
I know it's not a simple "Switch the knobs controller to digital and it works" solution. I know some others looked into this before and ditched the idea because it's a very large job and very expensive

OP
OP
R

robowens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That sucks. I know on some of the Ford trucks it's just a plug and play thing, but I guess not in this case?

EDIT: Even with the 03-06 models? I found the thread about an 07+ guy wanting to change it.

Last edited:

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
I got you beat, I have an 01 LT and dont even have the temp setting on the turn nobs. I have the old school blue fading into red line with hot and cold on it. I was hoping you got a good response.

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the plugs are different to begin with. Might be more trouble than it's worth..

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read an article about it, and decided it wasn;t worth the expense to convert... so I bought one that had it to begin with. You essentially replace a good chunk of the A/C system.

OP
OP
R

robowens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ahhh... That sucks. My Tahoe got totaled in a wreck with a drunk driver and I'm looking at some new trucks but a lot don't have the electronic deal, which is something I think I'll really miss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greene9525