Video showing upgrades to gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
hmmmm....might do this considering its under $250 and it doesnt require a retune of my speedo

OP
OP
jdpromo33

jdpromo33

Proud Tahoe Owner
Reaction score
hmmmm....might do this considering its under $250 and it doesnt require a retune of my speedo

they have a blue letters and needle version for $199

SSGM02B_7.jpg

http://www.newtruckstuff.com/shop/default/2003-2005-gm-truck-and-suv-stainless-steel-gauge-face-blue-1.html

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
i've been eye balling these for a while i just can't seem to justify over 300 bucks for some gauges maybe if i had the extra dough i would be all over this !! im just addicted to speed atm..

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
i've been eye balling these for a while i just can't seem to justify over 300 bucks for some gauges maybe if i had the extra dough i would be all over this !! im just addicted to speed atm..

+1 on this

I would rather spend the $200-300 towards better Rims or another performance mod. These gauges would have to be $100ish before I jumped on it.

deadringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did that process - its actually pretty quick... the most tedious part is calibrating them and aligning the needles back to zero.

I agree that the overlays and needles are a bit expensive... I ended up buying an entire used Platinum Escalde cluster and swapping everything out so I wouldn't have to reprogram the cluster. Bought the Plat cluster on ebay for $200 and after I swapped the overlay/needles I sold it back on ebay again for $120. So the parts only cost me $80. Of course, this only worked beucase I actually wanted the black face... so if you want something fancy like the blue ones, I guess you'll have to shell out the big bucks. :)

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
I did that process - its actually pretty quick... the most tedious part is calibrating them and aligning the needles back to zero.

I agree that the overlays and needles are a bit expensive... I ended up buying an entire used Platinum Escalde cluster and swapping everything out so I wouldn't have to reprogram the cluster. Bought the Plat cluster on ebay for $200 and after I swapped the overlay/needles I sold it back on ebay again for $120. So the parts only cost me $80. Of course, this only worked beucase I actually wanted the black face... so if you want something fancy like the blue ones, I guess you'll have to shell out the big bucks. :)

my main concern is i'll probably end up ******* up the needles trying to re-calibrating wrong knowing my ass and my luck, what happens if you **** them up ? meaning not calibrating them wrong the obvious choice will be incorrect reading right?

Do you have any method that works right ?

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my main concern is i'll probably end up ******* up the needles trying to re-calibrating wrong knowing my ass and my luck, what happens if you **** them up ? meaning not calibrating them wrong the obvious choice will be incorrect reading right?

Do you have any method that works right ?

not sure you can really mess anything major up. only problem would be that they won't show the correct reading. OmarR has a great write up over on Z71 that shows how to work on the clusters. it can be done, just have to take your time and do a little bit of trial and error.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greene9525