Voltage drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdurzua

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright guys and gals, I am new to this forum. I just got a 2000 tahoe 5.3L 4X4 LT and so far I like it. I am still working out problems from the previous owner. I had a professional put in a remote start and a JVC radio with sat radio. When ever I remote start the car the voltage drop behind the radio wigs out the unit and makes me reset it or turn the engine off and restart it with key. This doesn't happen with the key.It seems that all the items that are powered inside the vehicle shows the voltage drop. If I do the test outside the car at the battery terminals of fuse block under the hood it doesn't have as big a drop as it does in the dash. At the battery I am getting consistent readings of 12.75V and the lowest it gets is 11v, in the truck I am going from 12.4 to 10.5ish while cranking a hot engine.The battery is new and good. I have already added grounds from battery to block and battery to chassis, positive to the power distribution box. It still does it. What am I missing? Could the ignition switch be bad? I am looking for some help please.

Thanks
Jonathan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065