Wheel poll: DUB 8-Ball or CK375?

Which wheels for my '08 LTZ (Chrome/22")

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've narrowed my decisions down to these two wheels. Of course, this is subject to change if I run across something else or find a pic with the chrome DUBs on my color of truck.

I have a Greystone '08 Tahoe LTZ with the standard aluminum 20s. I want some classy chrome 22s that aren't too flashy/gaudy and these two wheels fit the bill. I couldn't find the DUBs on my color of Tahoe, but I found the CK375s. If I cross my eyes at those pics, they kinda look like the DUBs. I'm pretty particular and have a good imagination and I believe I'd be happy with either one. They all weigh about the same (and within a pound or two of my current 20" wheel/tire setup). Personally, I'm leaning towards the 8-Balls because they're a bit cleaner-looking than the CK375s with their slots. I think the lesser-busy design flows better with the Tahoe's clean lines. But, the CK375s flow with the boxy headlights and sharp edges on the bumpers. Also, all my friends know me as "Dub", so the brand of wheel seems appropriate.

Lemme hear y'all's input and if anyone has a pic of the DUBs on a Greystone Metallic Tahoe, please post it up! Actually seeing them may very well change my mind.

For visual comparison:

51TErlmmpTL.jpg

DUB_8Ball_Chrome_24x10_A1-500.png

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is your Tahoe modded at all or mostly stock?

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dub sleeker & easier to clean ;)

imagine both would look great

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with @gat0r ! I'm not really a big fan of aftermarket rims because most i think look cheesy or ghetto lol. But those dubs are sleek! I like them alot! And from a detailer's stand point those would be much easier to clean! Lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your Tahoe modded at all or mostly stock?

Currently, the ONLY mod is a catch can. lol I've only had it about 2 months.

Outside plans are a 2" or 3" drop, maybe an inch or more in the back (I want to maintain a slight rake for aerodynamic purposes).

dub...easier to clean ;)

That was definitely a thought when I mentioned the CK's slots!

x2

Are going going for a customized look or a stock-but-not-stock look?

I guess somewhere in between. I'm not into cars gushing with bling. I prefer a clean, sleek and classy appeal. There's not much cleaning up these trucks need- de-badge, de-mold or re-mold (I like the newer side molding), lose some fender-to-wheel gap, color match some things... I've always taken a hot rod/muscle car approach to my customizing, but that's not really applicable to this Tahoe, at least not on my budget. I'm older now and have a bad back. This is the most "luxurious" ride I've ever had and probably will ever have. I want to play off of the factory's upscale touches on the outside, but at the same time add my personal touches of sportiness such as lowering but not in a way to decrease ride quality. I want it to say "clean, ballin'-but-not-gaudy, muscular..."

I agree with @gat0r ! I'm not really a big fan of aftermarket rims because most i,think look sheesh or ghetto lol. But those subs are sleek! I like them alot! And from a detailer's stand point those would be much easier to clean! Lol.

My thoughts as well. Especially considering the brand and 98% of their other designs. Maybe the unexpectedness and the brand name/my nickname thing is the universe's way of telling me something.

I still really wanna see these in 22" and chrome on my color truck before I make a final decision. I'm known in my circle to be quite proficient with Google. I've searched GMC, Chevrolet, trucks, suvs, etc. trying to find any pics to give me an idea.

Thanks for the input thus far!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on what you've said about future plans I vote for the ck375s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member