where is amp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99tahoeinwv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
99 tahoe non bose system 4 dr. Is amp under driver seat or in dash? I have power to unit but no sound. Thanks guys

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about your year but in my 13 I think it's behind the glove box. Just drop down the door

blacktruck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Tahoe and my amp is under the middle console

OP
OP

99tahoeinwv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. When i do find it is there an easy way to check to see if its shot or not?

EMF Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99 tahoe non bose system 4 dr. Is amp under driver seat or in dash? I have power to unit but no sound. Thanks guys

You don't have an amp for the front and cargo speakers, that's HU power. There is an amp for the rear door speakers but it's on the steering column. If you have no sound, you probably have 1 bad speaker causing the radio to go into protect.

OP
OP

99tahoeinwv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok sounds like i need to start pulling door panels. Thanks guys... do i just need to disconnect one at a time and repower it each time? Will it be instant once bad speaker is disconnected?? Thanks

OP
OP

99tahoeinwv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Problem solved. Started puloing panels and checking. Pulled cover off cargo speakers and touched a wire on top of speaker. Sound came right on. Yanked speaker and ill replace them soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou