Which Car Alarm Would Be Best

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnothaMexican

Reaction score
I just bought a 2006 Tahoe and I'm planning all kinds of mods but I first gotta start with an alarm. I need a good, reliable, reasonably priced, and with durable remotes. 2 way remotes are optional and I'm not really looking for remote start. Can anyone help with some advice?

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
viper,clifford,python, any of those three are very good car alarm brands

Tahoebigdog03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Viper alarm to start with and try you some of the many add on features like tilt, glass and window sensors just to add a few. Anyways you need a good alarm dude.

OP
OP
A

AnothaMexican

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation. Ill first try to see if I can find a reputable shop that has this alarm and go from there. I've had problems in the past with a viper 2 way alarm on my old 1999 tahoe. Gave me all kinds of issues.

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

this is a good system that is reliable and solid. viper has been making this for many years and its rock solid as long as its installed correctly.

http://www.amazon.com/Viper-350-Plus-3-Channel-Security/dp/B00445V9FC

youll also need one of these to interface with the door locks and bcm.

http://www.amazon.com/Directed-DEI-Xpresskit-Oldsmobile-Volkswagen/dp/B001NIYDMO

Thanks for the reply. I think I'd rather find a reputable shop that hopefully will have this alarm in stock along with the accessory needed to make this alarm work properly. I had a viper 2 way alarm in my old 1999 tahoe but that gave me so many problems.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

Welcome. How fancy are you looking to go? I have compustar Drone. I can Use my Iphone to locate, track, everything a fob does as well as 2way alerts on my phone.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43409&highlight=compustar

Thank you, I'm trying to keep my cost as low as I can but I need a good, reliable alarm because I live in tough area Oakland. I will look into this one also.

magicbus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Code Alarm hands down. NOBODY uses real panic sound, only Code Alarm does. How often do you hear the typical monotone horn honk or siren and not even bother looking? What real panic sound does is honk the horn at random. Code Alarm is the only brand I use because it's the only brand that does what an alarm is supposed to do; grab your attention. I've installed both Code and DEI(viper, clifford, python, avital.....) Code is the company I saw the least returns and that I installed the longest. I saw more DEI stuff come back because it messed up within 6 months than I saw with code for 3 years. I've had the same system for 4 years in my Burb now that I've pulled out of three different vehicles. The wife's Yukon has a system that works like the day it was new, it's over 6 years old and has been swapped between two different vehicles. The only remotes I've had to replace between either system is the one that went swimming with me.

Last edited:

YUKON1999

Reaction score
what ever you do end up buying if you want to get it installed professionally, you can go to best buy and they will price match as long its something they carry, and its from legit websites not ebay i got mine price matched from sonicelectronix and saved 250.
i would go will viper good brand i like it (mine is 5901) and best buy will offer lifetime protection on it.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation. Ill first try to see if I can find a reputable shop that has this alarm and go from there. I've had problems in the past with a viper 2 way alarm on my old 1999 tahoe. Gave me all kinds of issues.

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

Thanks for the reply. I think I'd rather find a reputable shop that hopefully will have this alarm in stock along with the accessory needed to make this alarm work properly. I had a viper 2 way alarm in my old 1999 tahoe but that gave me so many problems.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

Thank you, I'm trying to keep my cost as low as I can but I need a good, reliable alarm because I live in tough area Oakland. I will look into this one also.

keep in mind i went with just about every option available. You can get the system individual, alarm, remote start, drone, and all the accessories. I just went nuts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts