which flowmaster

which flowmaster

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmeachem

Reaction score
im looking for a nice and load idle and a nice quite rumble inside

please reply or vote :Plugged:

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 50 series and it has a nice rumble and is loud at WOT... the air intake and the BB tune adds to the sound..

Last edited:
OP
OP
mmeachem

mmeachem

Reaction score
I'm a newbie about exhaust what is drone and how loud is the 40 compared to 50

---
mmeachem

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drone is the constant sound you will get in the cabin while driving
Very common if you dump under the truck

The Super 40 and 44 will drone on the highway and be load as all hell (I love mine :) )
The 50 will be nice down low and rumble pretty good up top so from what you described it sounds like you should go 50

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I could be wrong but I think there are two different 50 series. There is a regular 50 series and the SUV 50 Series. I have the 50 SUV series. Not to loud in the cabin. IMO I wish it was a little louder at idle but you hear it. And when you get on it most definetly rumbles!

Vigh_J

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I could be wrong but I think there are two different 50 series. There is a regular 50 series and the SUV 50 Series. I have the 50 SUV series. Not to loud in the cabin. IMO I wish it was a little louder at idle but you hear it. And when you get on it most definetly rumbles!

Yes, actualy to be honest i thnk i recall THREE different 50 series from when i was looking at the flowmaster site for myself. Mine is just as you described.

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 50 Series options are as follows:
50 Series 3x10 - Three Chamber Muffler Low profile for street rods
50 Series 4x8 - Three chamber Mufflers Long and thin for jeeps and such
50 Series Delta Flow - Three Chamber Mufflers Your average muscle car muffler
50 Series HD - Three Chamber Mufflers For big trucks tuned for torque and mileage bigger casr than normal and 3-4" in/outlets (too big for our trucks)
Super 50 (SUV) - Three Chamber Mufflers Bigger case which allows for better flow and tuning and reduces interior resonance aka Drone (THE ONE YOU WANT!!!!!!)

50 Series Big Block - Three Chamber Mufflers Designed for big blocks and large displacement engines its similar to the HD in the fact that it has 3-3.5in in/outlets so we cant use it on our trucks.

Hope that clears it up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmarRa