Window switch or motor with video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was rolling my drivers side window up one day last week and it made this clicking noise as it was going up, it rolled all the way up and parked

Next time I got in, window wouldn’t roll down or up and no sound or click of any kind for drivers side but all other three windows roll down and up from drivers master switch

Could this still be a problem within the switch or is it the motor?

PS a few days ago it rolled down and got it back up thankfully but also got to get the clicking on video and now again it does nothing

dps01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the window regulator needs to be replaced.

They are relatively inexpensive and a pretty easy job. A1 Auto has a good video on replacement.

Have an 03 that I ended up replacing all 4 when 1 failed as they were all slowing / jerking when rolling them up.

OP
OP
Michigan

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m
Sounds like the window regulator needs to be replaced.

They are relatively inexpensive and a pretty easy job. A1 Auto has a good video on replacement.

Have an 03 that I ended up replacing all 4 when 1 failed as they were all slowing / jerking when rolling them up.

Sheesh that looks like a tough job for someone like myself that is not so mechanically inclined and good with tools. How much do you think an independent shop would charge for this job?

OP
OP
Michigan

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the alternator replaced a couple of days ago due to a bad diode and now the window has been rolling up and down fine.

Do you guys think it’s safe to say that was the problem? I’m just paranoid about rolling it down now and it not going back up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap