Windshield wiper fluid reservoir leaking on 2001 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to use the spray on my windshield and of course no fluid came out. Checked the reservoir and it was empty. I always keep it full so that was weird.

After I filled it up I noticed fluid coming out. Crawled under the truck and its leaking on the right side above the rear pump, what looks like, 2-3 inches above the pump. It's hard to tell since it's a tight fit.

I'd hate to take everything apart without knowing where it is leaking. The front and rear sprayers work. The reservoir leaks regardless if I'm using the sprayers or not. Dips about once every 5-7 seconds.

I don't think the battery is leaking causing the acid to eat away below it because I am running an Optima Red Top.

Any ideas?

wyelkhunter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just replaced mine when it was leaking. It had been leaking for a while but was getting worse. Snooping around, I could see what looked like a patch job. When I got the new one and pulled out the old, it had been patched by PO. For piece of mind, and not alot of $, just replace.

OP
OP
Kman

Kman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced mine when it was leaking. It had been leaking for a while but was getting worse. Snooping around, I could see what looked like a patch job. When I got the new one and pulled out the old, it had been patched by PO. For piece of mind, and not alot of $, just replace.

When you said replace, you mean the plastic reservoir itself? Any idea of cost?

wyelkhunter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, the entire reservoir. Any hardware/plumbing you reuse from the old one. It may be more if you need the hardware/plumbing for it. Just looking quick at RockAuto, I think I got mine there, they're around $20.

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my yukon the reservoir was leaking. Turned out to be both the front and rear washer pumps. $15 a piece.

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are such a pain in the ass to get out - put a new one in! LOL More than likely its just a bad o ring around that washer pump.. but could be a tank. I had a bad battery leak on mine and ate all the hoses and everthing.. Pain in the ass I tell you.

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL I'd rather do the fuel tank..

YEah its not that bad just a lit of bs between wheel well, and battery tray... etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065