Yukon B-Pillar Airbag Foam Tape Tapping Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cajstyle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had this same issue on my 2021 1500 AT4 which required me to pull the B-pillar cover and warp the headliner to reach the offending foam tape.

The sound is right where the airbags above the B-Pillar are secured, they are usually backed by some foam tape, but if the tape is not fully secured, a small "less sticky" section will make a small "tick" sound as it detaches from the vehicle surface. My previous remedy was to add additional 3M red tape to secure it better, but I am looking for an easier method to solve it if anyone is aware. I don't really want Service to tear my new vehicle apart for a piece of tape, but it's literally in my ear and I don't want to have to keep pressure on the headliner to stop it from making sound.

Any thoughts?

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
God, mine does THE SAME THING. Tagged for anyone’s solution. Maybe a framing nailer through the headliner?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scrantonian