Yukon road noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craigannette

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,
Any thought of what this may be?
I put new tires on my 2011 Yukon Denali XL about three weeks ago. I immediately noticed a sound which I thought was road noise coming from the drivers side. I had the tires rotated but the noise remained the same. I feel like its coming from the drivers side front but at times I think its from the drivers side rear. The place I bought the tires had a 30 day warranty so today I had all four tires replaced with a different brand. Unfortunately the sound remains!! It must be drive train related. It sounds like a tire with a flat spot in it. I hear it most often at 40 - 50 mph and if i take my foot off the acellerator it stops. Any thoughts???

Thanks in advance!

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Any thought of what this may be?
I put new tires on my 2011 Yukon Denali XL about three weeks ago. I immediately noticed a sound which I thought was road noise coming from the drivers side. I had the tires rotated but the noise remained the same. I feel like its coming from the drivers side front but at times I think its from the drivers side rear. The place I bought the tires had a 30 day warranty so today I had all four tires replaced with a different brand. Unfortunately the sound remains!! It must be drive train related. It sounds like a tire with a flat spot in it. I hear it most often at 40 - 50 mph and if i take my foot off the acellerator it stops. Any thoughts???

Thanks in advance!

craigannette,

Did you put a different size tire on the vehicle?

Louis
GM Customer Service

OP
OP
C

craigannette

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no, the first set of new tires were the same as the original. Bridgestones. The second set are Michelins, same size.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Should still be under warranty right? Bad bearing in the rear end?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
craigannette,

I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected at your local dealer. They should be able to provide a better diagnosis after inspection.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the sounds stops when you take our foot off the gas it may be the rearend.
Sometimes when ou buy tires that are quieter than what you had before there are noises you couldn't hear that are now audible.
Ex. I took my 17s with factory bfg all seasons off my GTO and installed 18s with bfg kdw 2s which have a noisy and aggressive tread. Before I turned the car in I put the factory 17s back on. The tires were so much quieter I could hear my factory exhaust at cruise AND the rearend whining under acceleration.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Also keep in mind that some tires get louder as they wear.

OP
OP
C

craigannette

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The truck is still under warranty however Ive chased phantom sounds with an uninspired service tech before. I had hoped to walk in with an idea of what I might be dealing with. Don't bad wheel bearings make a screeching sound vs. a rotating soft thump sound?

Thanks all again!!