Ben's Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know if anyone sells this piece in matching woodgrain:

picture.php

Would love to match that to the rest of the trim.

oemdash.com

I already called them and asked them about that piece. You can send them your piece and get it 'dipped' to match the factory woodgrain. Unfortunately for that one piece it cost, 80-100 PLUS ship/tax. Kind of a rip off if you ask me. I'd rather just get all the denali interior.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ben, now that I've seen pics of you center compartmet I'm noticing how bad my black plastic looks!! Thanks for that:slap:

:lol:

OP
OP
Ben

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol well these pics wont help either!

2d2aaef7.jpg

This teased me and almost decided to stay with no molding...

f159665f.jpg

Going on

17b85e9b.jpg

Yummy

68a2099b.jpg
a9b424f3.jpg
153032fd.jpg

c551fb01.jpg

Turned out nice in my opinion!

bbb56919.jpg

I removed the little handle on the tailgate glass too! Forgot to get a pic of that, the whole truck needs to be cleaned and waxed.... However, now that I have these chrome pieces on it's really making my 17's look like shit!

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't really hate you til you get rid of your 17's then I'm going to take a dump in your back seat when you're not looking!!! :D

I'll be taking the little plastic handle off my rear window soon, too. As soon as it gets warmer that and the "Suburban" on my doors is going bye bye :D

I would have had a hard time putting that molding back on. That did look pretty good but the molding you put back on matched your new boards nicely :waytogo:

OP
OP
Ben

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea the clean look was nice and there wasnt any ghosting from the old trim either! Which really tempted me, but I didn't spend money on these for a reason took my time and did it right. Got a 3m wheel which made it really easy. Let it sit in the hot sun and literally ripped the trim off i wish i had a video how fast i just ripped it off it was actually pretty funny. 3m wheeled the old tape, goo off, rinse, wax and goo off again so the new tape would sit well. TUrned out awesome!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you did it exactly how I do this kind of work too. It's amazing how easy it is especially with a 3M wheel. If you are to demold and debadge it literally is one of the easiest mods ever :D That 3M wheels is a finger saver!!! :) The only time it gets a bit harder is if you attempt it on an older vehicle cuz the emblems and moldings have been on there so much longer and sometimes it takes some paint with it as you take it off :eek:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks clean man. +1 on the taking the GM Logo's off. The 09+ GM Vehicle's with this side moulding does not have the little GM Square Logo on your doors.

OP
OP
Ben

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for the pics, looks like something is missing tho which is kinda why i wanna get the gm performance parts intake, how much did you pay for that intake again?