2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my wiring replacement didn’t fix my issue. Tahoe almost left me stranded after it stalled and wouldn’t start twice on my ride home. I think I found a splice in the ECT sensor harness wiring that could be bad. I ended up wiggling it after it wouldn’t start and it made it home after that. So maybe it just needed replacing.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I fixed it, the pintail had been sliced previously and it looked like the splice had failed. All fixed and survived a run to the only store in town, the one and only MOPHOin Dollar General. Where I picked up some washing chemicals and gave this sloot a scrubbing.

Also gave my ranger a wash down because I took it to the Offroad park by my house this morning. They had an event for people who apparently are infatuated with lining their dashes plastic water fowl. Was able to show up some very expensive rigs with ye ole danger ranger. This thing is impressive with the addition of the front locker. The suspension is just so dang good it really makes stuff lock easier than it should. It does need a doubler tho, I tried some rock crawling on man made obstacles and I don’t like having to ride the clutch that much. A doubler is definitely in its future.

Attachments

• IMG_2068.jpeg
    IMG_2068.jpeg
    737.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2058.jpeg
    IMG_2058.jpeg
    581.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2059.jpeg
    IMG_2059.jpeg
    453.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2052.jpeg
    IMG_2052.jpeg
    502.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2064.jpeg
    IMG_2064.jpeg
    751.6 KB · Views: 4

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I fixed it, the pintail had been sliced previously and it looked like the splice had failed. All fixed and survived a run to the only store in town, the one and only MOPHOin Dollar General. Where I picked up some washing chemicals and gave this sloot a scrubbing.

Also gave my ranger a wash down because I took it to the Offroad park by my house this morning. They had an event for people who apparently are infatuated with lining their dashes plastic water fowl. Was able to show up some very expensive rigs with ye ole danger ranger. This thing is impressive with the addition of the front locker. The suspension is just so dang good it really makes stuff lock easier than it should. It does need a doubler tho, I tried some rock crawling on man made obstacles and I don’t like having to ride the clutch that much. A doubler is definitely in its future.
Ol danger ranger got some flex!

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ol danger ranger got some flex!

Those Deaver 64” springs in the rear do the lords work well! The hydro bumps were working well along side them as well. The front is no slouch either, but the front has a lot more down travel than up and doesn’t look as obvious in pics. Iirc I measured 14”front and 17” rear. But I think the rear will pull more than that I just don’t have a great way to test it in the shop without disassembling the leafs packs which is a pita.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe made it to work and back so I’m calling the ECT issue mended. I think my next thing to do on it is fix the exhaust. The QTP cutout quit working so I need to diagnose that (prob another burnt up motor from holding the switch to long). If it’s bad I’ll probably just redo the whole damn thing and buy a big mandrel bend kit along with two new mufflers I found that I think will be quiet. Highly considering just doing dual 2.5”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurtDawg77

Latest posts