NNBS nav voice prompts quit working after lock pick install...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently installed a GMX550 Lockpick and my voice prompts don't work. I checked and they are turned on, so what's up? Anyone have this? I have version 1.4 software.

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you lost voice prompts entirely? If you turn on the engine without activating the GMX550 via the steering wheel controls, do you still have no voice prompts?

I only recently installed my unit so testing has been limited. I think I noticed a lack of voice prompts when we were playing a movie at the same time. I do know that the voice prompts were on the next time I started the tahoe (did not activate Lockpick that time).

I'll get a better idea this weekend while on a road trip.

OP
OP
D

dragland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, they are all gone.
I'm going to remove the GMX550 when I get home and see if that cures it.
I'll be curious if yours works. Please keep me posted...

Donnie

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to state the obvious, but before you start removing it, have you tried calling tech support at coastaletech and told them of your issue?

If so, what did they have to say? :think:

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are all gone.
I'm going to remove the GMX550 when I get home and see if that cures it.
I'll be curious if yours works. Please keep me posted...

Donnie

That is odd. I do know for certain that the last time I used my NAV (GMX550 was already installed at that time), the voice prompts worked. I'll check tomorrow.

Just a thought. Are your dip switches set correctly? I believe I left all of mine in the up position.

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the GMX550 instructions it says:

"**During the time that you are using the 60 second NAV IN MOTION feature to input an address, active map tracking is not occurring (if you switch back to the map, the map will not be moving or pinpointing your exact location). Standard navigation functions will automatically return after 1 minute or you can turn off the NAV IN MOTION function using your steering wheel buttons to immediately resume normal nav operation. Also, if you are using OVERRIDE MODE 1 or 2, the GMX550 needs to block navigation tracking when you activate the DVD IN MOTION function. Simply turn off DVD IN MOTION if you switch back to the map during DVD play for normal
operation."

It looks like the system is by default using the OVERRIDE MODE 1 setting.

So if you haven't removed your lockpick yet, maybe you should try turning off the NAV in motion after you finish entering your destination and see if the voice prompts come back.

OP
OP
D

dragland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks,
but it's not the lockpick after all. It's the NAV radio or connections to it. I'm chasing wires later today.
Donnie

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks,
but it's not the lockpick after all. It's the NAV radio or connections to it. I'm chasing wires later today.
Donnie

What did you find? I'm having an issue that may or may not be related to my lockpick install.

Oh also, you say you have v1.4 software...I think they just came out with v1.3 are you mistaken or was there another update?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No Life Jr